Monday, May 18, 2015

GAIN-Forms

Setting up a quiz in Google forms is very simple. Although I looked at rpollack's tutorial about making quizzes, it was pretty much self-explanatory. I easily sent my short quiz by email, took the quiz myself to have an answer key, and was able to view the results in Google Spreadsheet. So far so good! However, when I got to the part where I needed to set up the self-grading, I had to read the tutorial several times to understand the formula (math is not my strongest point!)When I entered the formula, I got a result of 0 for both of my students, but I should have gotten a 3 for the first, for 3 out of 3 correct, and a 1 on the second, for 1 out of 3 correct, so I am not sure exactly what I am doing wrong. Hopefully it is an easy fix. Like I said, Google forms was easy to use up to this point for me.

To see my spreadsheet results, click
HERE.

Google Forms can be a great tool for teachers to use for tests, quizzes, and surveys, and to quickly and easily grade. Graham also mentioned several ways to use Google forms which I had not thought of; surveys can be sent out to teachers, parents, and the community in order to gather data to make decisions. It can even collect personal information such as phone numbers and emails, and Graham even suggested using it as a discipline form, or for counselors to let students submit information privately. Google Forms is a quick and easy way for teachers to collect data.

Students can also use Google Forms. Two Common Core Standards are for students to be able to "Present information, findings, and supporting evidence..." and to "Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information..." Google Forms, being a great way to organize and present data, could help students to meet these standards. Forms could even help students to understand and compare the data that they have gathered, possibly through sending out surveys and quizzes.

No comments:

Post a Comment